For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “ACT”), the data controller is TalentBond Limited (“WE” or “US”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8013689 and we have our registered office at Granville Hall, Granville Road, Leicester, LE1 7RU.
Privacy Practices by User Category:
- Privacy Practices for Visitors to the TalentBond Website
- Privacy Practices for End Users Who Use the TalentBond Platform on Publisher (careers) websites
- Privacy Practices for Publishers utilising the TalentBond Platform and associated components
Privacy Practices for Visitors to the TalentBond Website
(a) The Information We Gather and How We Use it: The Site is primarily directed to Publishers, although we welcome End Users who want to know more about our Services. When you access the Site or Services, we may collect the following information:
- Personal Information – We collect Personal Information when you knowingly provide it, including when you register for the Site, provide feedback, or request information. Personal Information is information that may be used to identify or locate an individual, like a person’s full name, postal address, e-mail address, or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with this Personal Information. We use your Personal Information to administer your account and provide you services, to send communications and administrative emails, to respond to your inquiries, and to send marketing and product update messages to those who ask for such messages. Typically, Publishers, rather than End Users visit the Site in order to access and register for the Services.
- Other Information – We collect Other Information automatically when you visit our Site. Other Information is information that is not used nor intended to be used to personally identify an individual and is not associated with nor linked to Personal Information. This Other Information we collect via the Site includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and the web page you have visited immediately prior to visiting the Site.
(b) Information Sharing: We share Personal Information and Other Information collected via the Site with other companies or individuals as follows:
- With any of our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, in which case we will require them to honor this policy. Additionally, in the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred.
- With third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information;
- In addition, we may aggregate your Other Information with the Non-Personally-Identifiable Information of others and share that aggregated information with third parties without restriction.
Privacy Practices for End Users who use the TalentBond Platform on Publisher Websites
Are published separately here
Privacy Practices for publishers utilising the TalentBond Platform and associated components
The TalentBond platform (“the platform”) is a public web service used to collect and display job posting sent or posted manually and from data exported from Publishers’ applicant tracking system(s).
Any material sent or posted to the platform shall be considered non-proprietary and not confidential and when doing so Publishers are granting TalentBond a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, and distribute any content Publishers create. Publishers are also, by sending or posting, granting TalentBond a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, and communicate the name and trademark of your organization as a sender or poster of job opportunities on specified website(s). As such, we will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such material for any and all purposes.
(a) Rights and responsibilities.
- TalentBond does not screen or attempt to verify the accuracy of any information on the TalentBond platform or in the candidates’ applications, including recommendations, connections, or references.
- As the operator of a public web service, TalentBond cannot be liable for any content created by someone other than TalentBond whatsoever, including slander or misrepresentation.
- Due to the nature of the Talentbond platform, you will be dealing with individuals, and TalentBond is unable to warrant the veracity of any information on its site; by posting a job, you are releasing TalentBond and its affiliates, employees, and shareholders from any and all liability that arises between you and any candidates that apply through TalentBond components.
- TalentBond does not screen candidate resumes, cover letters or sharing technologies (for instance but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn) for content, viruses or Trojan horses, and as a result, cannot be liable for any sent by candidates. You are encouraged to use virus protection software.
The Publisher takes responsibility for all data sent or posted to the TalentBond platform (whether through ATS report or as a manually entered position) and as such, this includes any malicious content such as viruses, trojan horses and malware. Also, you agree not to use the TalentBond platform to publish any text that that would be a violation of the law in your state or country or the state or country where the job is to be performed.
TalentBond provide snippets of code to its customers (Publishers) to display rich search and result content within the boundaries of their own website. These components (“the components”) show only a view of data held within the TalentBond system when utilised within a Publisher’s website (typically, but not limited to within the frame of a Publisher’s careers website). Use of these components by users of the surrounding website is covered in the section ‘Privacy Practices for End Users Who Use the TalentBond Platform on Publisher (careers) websites’.
Information Security, Retention, and Data Integrity
We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include firewalls and encryption, internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to Personal Information to TalentBond employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations. However, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised or that your information will remain secure under all circumstances.
The access rights granted by TalentBond Ltd to its employees, contractors and third parties to Publisher information and information processing facilities will be removed upon termination of employment, contract, agreement, or engagement with TalentBond Ltd or adjusted upon change in such recipient’s status without undue delay.
We retain Other Information on the Platform for up to five years. Any search strings we collect via the TalentBond Component may be converted into Other Information, and stored along with other logs. Aggregated reports generated from such information may be kept longer.
TalentBond processes information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected.
TalentBond will allow an individual access to their Personal Information to the extent it is available and allow the individual to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
Links to Other Sites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Site and Services are hosted in the EU. If you access the Site or Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from EU laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Site or Services, you are transferring your Personal Information to the EU and you consent to that transfer. Additionally, you understand that your Personal Information may be processed in countries (including those in the EU) where laws regarding processing Personal Information may be less stringent than in your country.
Information Accessibility & Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for any of the following reasons:
- Selling any or all of our business to a third party may result in sharing your information.
- At any time when we are legally required to we may disclose information about you and your visits to our sites.
- We may disclose your personal information if this is necessary in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions or Terms and Conditions of Sale and other agreements,
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our customers or others.
- To prevent illegal activity including fraud and help in fraud protection in order to reduce credit risk.
- We will not otherwise sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: TalentBond Limited, Granville Hall, Granville Road, Leicester, LE1 7RU.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Last Updated: January 4, 2013